KBC Web Mapping Cookies Policy
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
Kettering Borough Council uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Personal Bookmarks created by the user are stored as persistent cookies. This allows the bookmarks to be saved between sessions.
- The introductory splash screen can be prevented from appearing every time the website is accessed by using a persistent cookie.
- All map settings are stored using a persistent cookie. This allows the settings to be saved between sessions.
- A session cookie is used to maintain an asp.net session state for the user. This is deleted when the browser is closed.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
Blocking cookies completely will have a negative impact upon the usability of this website.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", "Advanced" and selecting the check-boxes for blocking first and third party cookies.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy and Security".
- In Chrome, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking "Settings", "Privacy and Security", "Site Settings", "Cookies and Site Data".
(The above instructions are only a guide and are subject to change in future versions of the browser software).